Posted on Monday / March 18
Interested in studying or pursuing a career in technology? New York On Tech
is a non profit organization seeking to prepare the next generation of technology leaders emerging from NYC. Through the Tech Flex Leaders program, juniors and seniors in NYC high schools are offered an immersive experience in technology. The program offers students weekly computer science and technology classes, mentorship with technology professionals and access to professional opportunities with NYC technology companies such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more! Currently, the application for the 2019-2020 Tech Flex Leaders program is open and available on our website! You can read more about the benefits and requirements of the program below.
Students selected for the program are uniquely positioned to develop a portfolio of technology projects that illustrate a fundamental understanding of front and back-end web development. Additional benefits include:
- Access to college / university partnerships
- Extra-curricular experiences to enhance your admissions credentials
- Access to professional opportunities and technology mentors
- A network of friends from different high schools across the city
- An opportunity to get a paid internship during the summer of 2020
Applicants for our 2019 – 2020 cohort must:
- Be a current sophomore or junior in a NYC high school in order to apply
- Be interested in careers in technology and computer science
- Be available for workshops after school or on weekends once per week during the 2019 – 2020 school year
- Be eligible for free or reduced price lunch
- Demonstrate dedication, passion and leadership
Application Deadline is Sunday, April 21, 2019.
If you’re interested or need help applying, please do not hesitate to contact the College Access office.